Frequently Asked Questions
This is the introduction - This page is currently under construction.
What markets do you have experience with?
- Advanced testing & simulations
- Alternative energy
- Electronics manufacturing equipment
- Fiber optics
- Military applications
- Optical scanners
- Portable/temporary solar power
- Precision optics
- Semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Semiconductor processing
- Semiconductor processing solutions
- Solar power solutions
- Advanced manufacturing
- Aerospace manufacturing
- Automotive commodity inventory tracking
- Automotive manufacturing
- Industrial controls
- Industrial lasers
- Industrial software applications
- Design-build construction
- Electrical contracting
- General contracting
- Workplace & construction safety solutions
Government agencies & affiliations
- Canadian Forestry Association
- Canadian Industrial Development Agency
- Hearing aid instrumentation
- Medical device manufacturing
- Medical device protection
- Life skills development
- Support Services for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
- Public policy
- Business planning
- Executive coaching
- Management coaching
- Management consultancy
Can you describe your communication and collaboration style with clients?
I prioritize open and transparent communication. I keep clients informed at each stage of the project, and I'm always open to discussing ideas and addressing concerns.
How do you approach the design process from concept to completion?
I follow a structured process that involves understanding the client's objectives, conducting research, brainstorming concepts, creating drafts, gathering feedback, and finalizing the design.
What software and tools are you proficient with?
I am proficient in using industry-standard design software such as:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat...)
- Apple (Final Cut Pro, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Logic Pro)
- Microsoft (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
What is your typical turnaround time for design projects?
The turnaround time can vary based on the complexity of the project, but I aim to provide a clear timeline for each project, ensuring it aligns with your deadlines.
How do you handle revisions and feedback?
I welcome feedback and revisions as it's crucial to ensure the final design aligns with your vision. We can discuss the revision process and the number of revisions included in the project.
What is your pricing structure and payment terms?
My pricing is project-specific and depends on factors like complexity and scope. I provide a detailed quote for most complex projects. Some projects are difficult to quote, in these cases I provide a min and max range and charge at an hourly rate.
Do you require a down payment?
This question often comes up with new clients. Depending on the scope and type of project I may require a 50% payment. There are lots of reasons I may request a down payment. For more details on my rationale, please take a look at this blog post Securing Success: The Importance of a Down Payment for Your Next Project
Where are your clients located?
Most of my clients are located in the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada area from Rockland to Smiths Falls. I have also worked with companies in the United States (Michigan & California). I've also worked with clients in British Columbia.
Do you take on clients from other parts of the world?
Unless a client has vouched for a company outside Canada, I do not typically take on international clients.